GET LOST IN TIME
IN THE AEOLIAN ISLANDS
The imposing Mount Felci (700mt) predominates the headland of the Aeolian island of Filicudi, a lovely landmass suspended between tradition and modernity. Each of Filicudi’s centers is a tiny gem of rural beauty: Filicudi Porto, Valdichiesa, Pecorini, Pecorini a mare, Canale, and Rocca di Ciavoli. Counting only 250 inhabitants scattered across these settlements, in the summer this ancestral island accommodates a crowd ten times its population.
Hire a luxury boat in the Aeolian islands to move easily across the archipelago (comprising Alicudi, Filicudi, Panarea, Salina, Stromboli, Vulcano, and Lipari), discovering charming spots that can be approached only by the sea and countless enchanting views.
Filicudi’s villages of Filicudi Porto, Valdichiesa, Pecorini, Pecorini a mare, Canale, and Rocca di Ciauli welcome cruisers with the quaint ambience of ancestral sites, where time seems to have stopped. Don’t miss:
– the sunset at Stimpagnato, a scenic spot looking out across nearby Alicudi;
– the Neolithic village on the promontory of Capo Graziano;
– the Grotto of Bue Marino, the largest in the Aeolian islands;
– for diving enthusiasts, a visit with a certified dive guide to the Underwater Museum, featuring relics and finds from Magna Grecia;
– more active travellers can walk along the old trails and mule tracks that criss-cross the island, going up to 774 meters to the crater of Fossa Felci
– the beaches, like Le Punte, Pecorini Mare, Porto, Capo Graziano and the boulder of La Canna that is said to make wishes come true.
Yacht charter in Sicily
Visiting Sicily on a chartered boat is a riveting experience discovering beautiful islands and the most charming beaches and – why noy? – tickle the palate sampling the many delicacies of Sicilian gourmet pastry-making.