Admiring Ile Cavallo from a luxury charter sailing along the Corsican coast is a unique experience. The outline of the island’s wild beauty appears from the distance, showing a mix of rocky patches, luxurious vegetation, and colors and smells that call to mind the nearby Sardinia.
Accessible only by a limited number of boats, Cavallo is a paradise located in the arresting Lavezzi Archipelago in southern Corsica, the ideal stop-over of a charter cruise. Magnificent views and untouched nature are the marks of this enchanting site sitting in the Natural Reserve of Bouches de Bonifacio and boasting some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean:
- Palma, the island’s largest bay, features white sand and transparent waters;
- Zeri, backed by plush nature, has a small pier jutting out in a dreamy sea, creating a picture that is not unlike a Caribbean or Polynesian view;
- “la Double” presents characteristic rock formations and a small lighthouse, the perfect spot to enjoy memorable sunsets, or collect the “eyes of Saint Lucy”, the shells that are a symbol of the island;
- remote and wild Cala Greco;
- Shore club beach, the only private establishment, reserved to the guests of Hotel des Pecheurs.
Cavallo is a private island, peppered with exclusive villas (many designed by the famous French architect Jacques Couelle). Access is granted only to the residents and to the guests of Hotel des Pecheurs, and elegant modern resort boasting a state-of-the-art SPA, 50 rooms, and a presidential suite carved in the rocks.
And after a regenerating stop in this amazing island, the charter cruise of Corsica con continue toward the island’s southern shores before heading north.