Five Facts and Figures About the Monaco Yacht Show 2015
It’s almost the ultimate ‘show time’ in Monaco with just days until the opening of the 25th Monaco Yacht Show.
Arguably the most luxurious and lucrative event on the global yachting calendar is set to take centre stage in the heart of the Principality later this month as dozens of the largest superyachts sail into Port Hercules for the start of this nautical extravaganza.
The show, this year celebrating its quarter of a century, will take place from September 23rd until 26the and is expected to draws crowds of more than 33,000 over the four days.
Here are some fascinating facts about this year’s show:
- More than 120 of the largest superyachts in the world will be showcased at the 25th edition of the Monaco Yacht Show, in comparison to the 30 exhibits which featured at the first show in 1991. All the superyachts are from 25 to 100 metres long.
- Of those 120-odd yachts, more than 40 will be world premieres including Suerte, a30 metre motor yacht built by Genoa-based shipyard Tankoa Yachts and Yacht-Ology. The yacht boasts six guest cabins, a spa pool, an outside dance floor and forward garage for eight ski jets.
- Not all world premieres are of the sailing kind. Also to be launched this year is a DeepFlight’s sixth generation personal submarine, named the Dragon, the only vehicle of its kind which can be piloted by people without lengthy training. The two-person submarine can fit into existing superyacht garages or deck areas and launched as easily as a tender.
- Every year the Monaco Yacht Show gets bigger and bigger to meet the demands of the growing number of exhibitors. For 2015, the show will be extended from Jetee Lucciana down to Quai Rainier III to make room for the 500-plus exhibitors. The show ground is now so big that a golf car will be available inside the exhibition space to ferry people around, as well as the MYS shuttle boats which have been operational for some years now.
- Many of the superyachts on display at the Monaco Yacht Show are for sale, such as the 65.70 metre motor yacht Imagine, built by Dutch shipyard Amels, which is being offered for sale by Fraser Yachts for a princely €69.95 million.
If you are looking for a reliable agency for a Monaco super yacht charter, get in touch with our friendly team of charter professionals.